Scientific And Research Paper Publications
Research Experience In U.K.
Clinical Research Presented
- Management of Tibial Fractures with External Fixator vs. Reamed Nailing. Prospective randomised trial at the Sunderland Royal Hospital. (Mr. A.M. Nanu, Mr. A.T. Cross). Presented at the BOA Glasgow meeting (Sep. 1999).
- Effect of Instrumentation on Femoral Cementation in Hip Arthroplasty. Prospective randomised trial at the Wansbeck General Hospital (Mr. J. L. Sher) Presented at the BORS meeting, Durham (Sep. 1999).
- Don’t Trash the Tomo. Presentation on the use of Tomograms for the evaluation of tibial plateau fractures. (Mr. A.T. Cross-Sunderland Royal Hospital). Presented at the Registrars prize day at Newcastle (Jan. 2000), British Trauma Society (Oct. 2001).
- Reliability of the Knee Scoring Systems. Intra and Inter observer variation study done at the Hartlepool General Hospital with Mr. R. Liow. Presented at Outcome Measures in Surgery meeting at the RCS, London.
- Functional rating for Knee Arthroplasty, comparison of 3 scoring systems. With Mr. R. Liow. Presented at Registrars prize day at Newcastle, Jan 2000.
- Dual Plating versus Conventional Plating for Humeral fractures. Biomechanical evaluation of different plating methods using a self designed bovine bone testing method. Research done with Prof. Unsworth at Durham University. Presented at BORS 2002.
- Wither Partial Patellectomy. Clinical results using load bearing wire technique for inferior pole patellar fractures. Study done at Gloucester Royal Hospital with Mr. C.H. Curwen. Presented at South West Orthopaedic Conference & British Trauma Society, Leeds, Oct 2001.
- Do Centralisers Work? Radiographic assessment of CPS Hip replacements with proximal and distal centralisers. Study done at Gloucester Royal hospital with Mr. Curwen. Submitted at SWOC, 2002 & Registrar’s Prize day 2002.Adjudged as BEST PAPER AT REGISTRAR’S PRIZE DAY.
- Experience with AO Spiral Blade nail. Done at Gloucester Royal Hospital with Mr. C.H. Curwen. Presented at SWOC 2002 and British Trauma Society 2002.
- AVON Patello - Femoral Replacement in Younger Patients. Review done at AOC, Bristol. Presented at BASK 2003, Lake District.
- Do Unicompartmental arthritis patients present differently? Study done at AOC with Mr. Newman. Presented at Unicompartmental Knee Arthritis meeting, Bristol 2003.
- Extended indications of Patello Femoral replacement. Study done at AOC with Mr. Newman. Presented at Unicompartmental Knee Arthritis meeting, Bristol 2003.
Clinical Trials Set Up
- Anterograde vs. Retrograde Nailing For Humeral Fractures. Prospective, randomised trial. Prepared the protocol and designed the study. The trial was designed under the supervision of Mr. A.M. Nanu at the Sunderland Hospital.
- Distal Radius Fractures In Children: Cast Alone Versus Cast and K-wire Fixation. Randomized, prospective trial. Prepared the protocol and the design of the study. The trial was designed under the supervision of Mr. K.U. Wright.
- Metatarso-phalangeal joint replacement with the Micro-Air Bio Active implant. Preliminary results and current status presented at the hospital. Audit meeting.
- Use of Cremascoli Implant in Painful flat Foot. Clinical and pedobarographic analysis conducted at the Sunderland Royal Hospital.
- Developmental Dysplasia of Hip long term follow-up of patients treated by Femoral Osteotomy. Reviewed all such cases at the Sunderland Royal Hospital (Mr. R. G. Checketts)
- Audit on use of AO Spiral Blade Nail for stabilization of Sub-Trochanteric fractures. Reviewed cases done in Gloucester Royal Hospital. Supervisor Mr. C.H.M. Curwen.
- "Harris-Galante Porous Coated Total Hip Replacement- our experience”. Indian Journal of Orthopedics, Vol. 32, No.3, July 1998 (co-author: Prof.B.K.Dhaon).
- “The Reliability of the American Knee Society Score”. Published in Acta Orthopedica Scandinavica. 71(6); 603-608, 2000. (co-authors: Mr. R. Liow, Mrs. C.M.E. Lennox).
- “Comparison of three Knee Function Evaluation Scores” – Published in Orthopedics, Vol. 26 (2), Feb 2003 (co-authors: Mr.R.Liow, Mrs.C.M.E. Lennox).
- “Design and Validation of a Surrogate Humerus for Biomechanical Testing” - Published in Journal of Biomechanics, Vol. 35,533-36, April 2002. (co-author: A. Elfick, A. Port)
- “Distal locking windows for the AO humeral nail” - submitted for publication to Journal of Trauma. (co-authors: Mr. A. Port, Mr. A. M. Nanu).
- “Tomography for tibial plateau fractures” – published as abstract in Injury (co-authors: Mr. A.T. Cross, Mr. A. Port).
- “A Biomechanical Comparison of Three Plating Techniques for Fractures of the Humerus” - published in Journal of Applied Biomaterials & Biomechanics. Vol. I, 139-147, 2003 (co-author: A.Elfick)
- “Experience with AO Spiral blade nail” - Injury 2003 (co authors S. Datir, CHM Curwen)
- “Shoulder injuries in Athletes” - Journal of Clinical Orthopedics & Trauma,
- “Where the mind is without fear” - Editorial- Journal of Clinical Orthopedics & Trauma, Dec 2011
- “When Things go wrong” - Editorial- Journal of Clinical Orthopedics & Trauma, Dec 2012
- “See one, Do One. Teach One - Training Young Orthopedic Surgeons” - Editorial- Journal of Clinical Orthopedics & Trauma, June 2010
- “Lumbar Disc replacement” - Journal of Clinical Orthopedics & Trauma, Dec 2010.